Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Celebration Story From the Steigengas


About two months ago we were contacted by some friends who had a little over $1,000 in their TRIP account (Tuition Reduction Incentive Program for Christian schools). They have since decided to not send their kids to Christian school and wondered if we were interested in buying their account from them for $800. This would mean we get a reduction and they get money they otherwise would have had to let go of. We decided to say yes. However, we are seriously working on being debt free, so we don't have $800 right now. We decided to ask if we can work out a payment plan with them. They said, "Of course! We are just happy it's going to someone we know." Together we decided on $400 now and $400 in January. To be honest, coming up with $400 would be a stretch for us but we continued to pray about this. As it turns out, the next weekend we were having a garage sale. I have never made over $100 at any of my sales but we decided to simplify our lives. We planned to sell a lot of things we haven't used in the last year and started praying that we would make $400 at our sale. At the sale, I had decided that if people offered less on an item I would always say yes and hope that in some way we were blessing them through that. So our last day of the sale comes and we closed and I started counting the money we had made. I just about fainted when I counted $400.91! I think I counted it five times. Where in the world did the 0.91 come from? This amount was in addition to the money we paid for advertising or for the change we started with. $400.91 was all profit! God is so good and He has proven over and over again that if we are in debt to no one but Him, He will provide and maybe even give us a little extra. I REALLY enjoyed that Slurpee that I got for 0.91. Praise God!

John 15:17 "This is my command: Love each other."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment! Check back again later. God bless!